I think it is fair to say that activity in the class has been limited since the start of the Covid-19 lockdown, some clubs have held events, Guildford being one, and others have continued with their club sailing, but generally it has been quiet for obvious reasons. However, now is the time for us to get out and about, support the class and get the class back to where it was prior to the cancellation of the 2020 Worlds. The upcoming 2021 MYA Marblehead Nationals is a good place to start, entries are currently standing at just below 30 and although the online entry has closed Manor Park Radio Sailing Club have told us that they are happy to accept further entries. Click HERE for more information on the Nationals.
Latest update from the host club, Manor Park Radio Sailing Club (MPRSC), is that they are still accepting entries and if you have missed the closing date don’t worry, get your entries in by emailing Colin Walton HERE.
The post below about sails, battens and possible rule change affects you. The MYA International Officer, Phil Holliday, will need to respond on your behalf in the very near future. If you want your views to be considered and not let rule changes be implemented without your input then please email Phil at email@example.com or join the conversation on the MYA Forum.
The following conversation has been initiated by Robert Grubisa (CRO) as IRSA Technical officer. The views of our skippers and suppliers are being sought in order for a reply to be sent on behalf of GBR. Individuals are also free to respond directly to the IRSA TO.
2020 IRSA Marblehead and Ten Rater Class World Championships Cancelled. The ongoing Covid situation makes any planning to hold this event in 2021 a non starter. Our thanks to Graham Elliott and the team at Birkenhead and West Kirby for all their efforts in trying to put this event on.
The ongoing Covid-19 situation and the restrictions imposed upon us mean a serious disruption to our planned sailing calendar for 2021. The first major casualty of the year is Ranking 1 at Norwich planned for Saturday 17th April. This event has now been rescheduled for Sat 27th November. We will make announcements on other events as the relevant information becomes available.
The criteria for going ahead with Rankings and National Championship events is that the event will only go ahead if all UK based MYA Members are free from government restrictions to travel, and compete. Decisions on whether to go ahead with an event, or not, will be made a minimum of 6 weeks before the scheduled date. Events may be rescheduled for later in 2021 with the agreement of the Class, the host Club, and the MYA.